Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. Thought I should make a list of the things I'm thankful for.

1. So thankful that Jesus loves me and forgives me, even though I will never deserve it. I was listening to a song on KLOVE two days ago, one that I've heard a hundred times - Amazing Love. Suddenly, it just hit me that I have absolutely no place holding grudges or being unforgiving of anyone. I have been taught this and know it in my head, but in this moment, it truly went to my heart. What a gracious God we serve! He forgives us, even though we continue to sin against Him. I am thankful too, that He chose such a gentle way to teach me that. Amazing Love!

2. I am beyond grateful for my hard-working, kind-hearted, hilarious husband! Tanner is the love of my life, and I am excited at the work that God is doing in our marriage. 5 years have gone by, and I can't wait to walk with him through however many more we will be given together! Thank you, God, for making Tanner different from me, and help me to embrace those differences and be the wife that he needs.

3. I am so very thankful for the amazing, healthy family God has blessed me with. Love that we live close to our parents - and that my children get to see their grandparents every day if they want to! Thankful that God allowed me to be born into the home I was given, with irreplaceable siblings and loving parents who taught me about Jesus! I can not say enough about Miss Maddie and what a blessing she is to our family. And, I can't wait to meet Amy and watch the added joy she will bring!

4. I am thankful for my friends. I've always joked that I don't make a very good friend, and that hasn't changed. So, I'm grateful for friends who love me anyway and make the extra effort that I so often neglect to make!

5. Thank you, God, for the food and shelter you continue to provide me. Not only are my daily needs consistently met, but I have been so blessed with much more than I need. I pray that I not take these things for granted, and that I am continually aware of God's blessings in my life.

6. I am so thankful for the wonderful church that we attend. Thankful for those who stand up and serve, and thankful for the difference that the members of Calvary make in our daily lives.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and yours! Hope you feel as blessed as I do this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment